Pages

Friday, June 23, 2017

Galveston, Texas

I received this postcard through Postcrossing. It is dated Wednesday, April, 20, 2016. It was cloudy and 73 degrees Fahrenheit when the sender wrote this postcard.The Postcrossing ID is US-4962417. The sender wrote, "Hi Alyssa! Greetings from Susan! I live in Houston and love Galveston 60 miles for the road. I live near Rice University/ Med Center with my husband and twelve year daughter and two dogs and two cats. My two older daughters are nearby. I like your blog. I am glad you are a second grade teacher! You have a very important job! I work mutual fund company - not too interesting. i am home today with Anne as she has a cold. We are getting lots of rain her but typical Houston weather! My parents moved here from Austin in 60's so my dad (engineer) could work at NASA. 1st memory of TV seeing Apollo landing. My daugther and I will fly to KC, MO end of May for Odyssey World Compet.!! in Ames, Iowa - very excited!! If you ever visit Galveston tour the Bishops Palace and Moody Mansion that predate the big hurricane in 1900. Very interesting!" Thanks for the information postcard, Susan!

No comments:

Post a Comment