Pages

Friday, June 23, 2017

Arizona

I received this postcard from Arizona through Postcrossing. It is dated July 29, 2016. It was 110 degrees Fahrenheit when the sender wrote out this postcard. The postcard says, "A tall cactus with upward-curving arms, white funnel-shaped flowers, and edible red fruit, the Saguaro is found in many areas of Arizona. Anywhere from 15 to 50 feet tall, some Saguaros are estimated to be 200 years old." The Postcrossing ID is US-4154736. The sender wrote, "Hello! Greetings from Arizona! My name is Tilly and I live near Phoenix. My part of the state is hot, dry, and sunny with lots of desert land, mountains and cacti. The sun shines 300 days a year which is great! About me: 1) I love the smells of wet dirt, musty basements, and skunks; 2) marching bands make me cry and I don't know why; 3) I just returned home from a fantastic trip to Czech Republic; 4) South Africa is my dream trip; 5) two weeks ago, I auditioned for "Jeopardy"; 6) I hate coffee and tea (and yogurt!)" Thanks for the postcard, Tilly!

No comments:

Post a Comment